Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Looms, looms, and more looms

Can a person really have enough looms? I don't know about you but when I get involved in a craft I go nuts....maybe it's my path to sanity in a round-a-bout way :) Well as you can see I have three WIP (works in progress) going on; two different socks and the afghan. My 7 year old Sydney has been picking out the colours for the afghan and so far it's all variegated, I think it's coming out okay, a might thick but okay. I'm still working on something else but it's all in my head for now.
I've been getting ready for the greenhouse/gardening season, and then there's the fishing for sockeye at the river and then the thick of canning season. All this while trying to look out for my wild, get into everything, push me to my limits, 48.5 lb, almost 3 year old, I really think if I rub his head I will find a small set of horns protruding from his skull. Although I'm sure when he sleeps they turn into a peaceful halo, only to grow back the very next day. I'll post a picture so you can see for yourself:
Okay I cut the top of his head off with the camera but it was the only recent one where he's actually looking at the camera. He usually gives a big smile after the flash has gone off so I'll try to catch him next time. I actually need a second camera, one for the flash and one to snap the smile after that.
Well I'm off, laundry and supper seem to be yelling at me from the other end of the house...maybe I can sneak in a few rows on the afghan if I'm really, really quiet :)

1 comment:

Kathy N said...

Oh my! Look at all the looms. Can I can play at your house?