Monday, April 24, 2006

Four Colour Charted Hat

A rare occurrence...I'll bet you never thought you'd see a picture of me on my blog! I need to get one of those adult head models because there was just no one else here to model my latest charted hat. Besides rarely having my picture taken, it's rare that the camera is in someone else's hands...and really it wasn't; I hooked up the remote adapter I made for my digital a few years ago and snapped away. Because I have blue eyes and always get red-eye I try never to look at the camera. This is the best I could come up with and I might even change it when I get time. I look at my own picture and sometimes don't recognize myself, I've lost 70 pounds and it takes a bit of getting use to.

This hat was done in four colours; teal for the brim, burgundy, blue, and white for the rest. I used the green Knifty Knitter. Located below you will find the chart (click on it for a bigger view). The brim was done with one strand Red Heart Shetland Chunky, e-wrapped for 15 rows, pull up and knit over. The burgundy is Lion Brand Thick & Quick (I think because the labels are gone) as is the White. The blue is Red Heart Shetland Chunky. All was done using one strand e-wrapped. I knit for 21 rows and then did one last row in blue, 22 rows total. To remove use the gathering method. Because you are only using one strand I find this hat a lot looser than the previous hats I've done, good for an adult fit.


Four Colour Hat Chart (Click for larger view)





4 comments:

Tones And Echoes said...

Wow, I love all the hats and other stuff but I just know I am not going to be able to do it. I can knit and purl and I can single and double crochet and I've followed patterns but I'm clueless about the chart idea and the looms and all. But, I'm so delighted to have found your blog and the hats are great. Just had to say so.

Anonymous said...

It looks really great!! And I love the shot--very modely :)

SnyderCrafting said...

You and the hat look great! Congratulations on the weight loss, that is a fantastic achievement! This pattern will be really great for guys hats, I swear I just saw the exact same striped style hat on a couple of college age guys at the mall the other day.

PCB Chick in Florida said...

Great website! I am going home and I am going to try to make a back pack too! you have come a long way from your first posting :)