Friday, April 21, 2006

Spiral Hat Chart


As you can tell my male model was not cooperating today, I guess because of the girlish colours. This hat was created for my youngest daughter Sydney, but she was in school so after a peanut butter sandwich bribe, Jevan reluctantly agreed.


Here's the hat on the table. I was going for the spiral effect and it really didn't come out too bad. I'd like to try this pattern flat knit but I know it would make it quite a bit smaller so I'm going to wait for the new WonderLoom from Decor Accents. I'm thinking a small gauge would be great for charting so you can see the designs better.

The brim is K1 P1 double-strand for 15 rows, then pull first row up and knit over.
I then E-wrapped 24 rows of the chart + one last row, for a total of 25 rows. The last row I flat knit to see if I could get a less bulky top but I don't think it really helped much. Remove using the gathering method.

The chart located below is the same as the first chart I created. Click on it for a larger picture (a new window will open) each number represents a peg on the Green Knifty Knitter. There are three rows to follow in the chart, then they repeat themselves. Row one is as follows: E-wrap green on pegs 3, 6, 9, 12, and so on. Then pick up purple and e-wrap pegs 1&2, 4&5, 7&8, and so on. Knit over. Carry on to second row. Knit to desired length. If you have any questions email me or leave a comment :)

Update: My daughter, Sydney, arrived home from school to model the hat! It's a little big for her and I think next time I will not knit so many rows but the nice thing is she will probably fit it perfect this winter :)

Spiral Hat Chart

2 comments:

linda: off the loom said...

Oh, he is just too darling!!! I love the charted hats you've made. They're perfect. There are so many things I'd like to try and so little time to do it all in!

Deb said...

Oh I love the color combo! And both of your babies are precious!