Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Looming on hold

As most of you can tell it's been awhile since I've posted, especially anything about looming. I've got a number of excuses, honest! My Mom was here for three weeks and we caught up on a lot of visiting, late nights, early mornings, weeding in the garden (ugh) and while she was here I bought a Bosch Bread mixer. Boy I've been having fun with that! I think the most favourite recipe in the house is "Best Ever Cinnamon Buns" by Jo Vanderwolf, she's the sister of my best childhood friend and I got the recipe from the Cayoosh Elementary School fundraiser cookbook. I had to modify it a bit as I try to get my family to "eat clean" as much as I can so out with the all-purpose flour and in with the whole wheat, and it still turned out excellent. I've uploaded the file (including my modifications) in PDF format and you can access it here: Best Ever Cinnamon Buns. I'd take a picture but the darn things never stay around long enough, I'll try for the next time I make them :)
Now that things have somewhat settled down, although I have to run to Abbotsford tomorrow to pick up Aunty Helen and get a bit of shopping in, I hope to get back to looming. I have yet to try out my new KK oval looms or my regular gauge WonderLoom! And speaking of WonderLooms I have to let Isela from Decor Accents know that my Aunty Frances is thrilled with her free Wonderloom, tell Sam the mistake is hardly noticable!
I'll leave ya'll with a picture I took of Sydney and the robin. This poor bird smacked into our deck and then hung around for about 1/2 an hour, it finally flew off after pooping in my hand! As you can probably tell Sydney hasn't been out of bed for long :)

No comments: