Monday, September 3, 2007

Chick Flick

A couple of chicks hanging out with their Mama :)



Meet "Yolkie" and "Sticky." How Sticky got his* name; yesterday when I went out to the coop to let the chickens out, he was stuck to his Mama's breast! I had never seen a chick dangling from his Mama before and it was a bit of a shock to see! After catching Mama hen, I had a heck of a time getting his little wing unstuck, but after careful prying and a bit of water the two finally came apart.

* Not necessarily male!

7 comments:

Jackie said...

Too cute! I have quite the mental image of mama with a stuck chick hanging and peeping!
You are quite a woman!

Dora Renee Wilkerson said...

Baby chickens are the best!
How cute!


Dora Renee' Wilkerson

Dora Renee Wilkerson said...

Me, again..lol..

Ok, your my chicken expert so now I'll be e-mailing you tons of questions..

I would love to get some baby chickens next spring. So, of course I'll need a rooster.

When do I add the rooster to start going from eggs I eat to eggs that will make babies?

Ok, maybe I should e-mail these questions...lol.. I'll do that next time.

I so enjoy your blog!

Dora Renee' Wilkerson

Anonymous said...

So fluffily cute! How long do they stay as cute little chicks? The title of the video and entry is witty. :)

KansasA said...

Hi Gloria
They stay cute for about two months, but personally I think they are cute forever :) lol

Anonymous said...

Hi Kansas..

I think they look like a happy little family. Mama protecting her babies.
So cute.

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I'd forgotten how cute baby chicks were :) Thanks for the reminder. You take great video's.