Thursday, March 6, 2008

You might have a Magic Bullet and not even know it!

You just may have a Magic Bullet in your cupboard and not even know it! If you're regular readers you know how much I enjoy Tipnut.com, and it's not just because she's featured my blog three times, really! Tipnut.com is full of tips and hints and not just "fluff" stuff either but seriously you can use in your life stuff.

Her tip of making bigger cakes from mixes I use ALL the time, I've even printed it out and keep it right in with my cake mix container.

But with this tip she has topped the cake (so to speak). She found the tip at Simply Recipes and I'm so happy she posted it.

Use the blender you already have and see if a mason jar fits... lucky me one of mine does! Oh the possibilities! Grind flax seeds right in it's own storage container, coffee beans, whipped cream, spices. I can then use my vacuum sealer and seal a canning lid on the jar, or use an old mayonnaise lid which fits perfectly on a mason jar and pop in the fridge. No scraping out the blender container, no washing, an unlimited supply of "containers." I'm giddy :) LOL

Here's my blender in action with a 1 1/2 quart jar but any size wide mouth mason jar would work :) My KitchenAid uses wide mouth but some people are saying standard mouth works with their blenders.


So if you haven't checked out Tipnut.com, it's time!

8 comments:

Oma said...

This is such a great tip. I am sure a lot of us can use this one. It gets my vote for the month! Thanks Kansas, Tipnut, and Simply Recipes. Superb!

tanita✿davis said...

HEY! Now that is unbelievably COOL!!! Man, now I am really annoyed that I didn't know this three years ago. I have not canning jar one in this country. Nor KitchenAid, either. *sigh.*

Jackie said...

Ok! I'm going! I'm going!

Jackie said...

I'm back. I'm sold! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kansas A, you've always been really great and supportive to my blog and I truly appreciate it :).

David T. Macknet said...

That is so awesome!

Why do you store ground flax seeds, though? Don't they go rancid?

Anonymous said...

That is a great tip. I remember that from a number of years back, but don't always remember it works. It is also great for salad dressing.

Darcy said...

What a great tip! I would've never thought of that.