Thursday, August 9, 2007

Octopus & Seaweed?

When my sister, Biffy, came out this weekend she told me about a recipe she had made. It was from a magazine, sorry I forgot which one, and she said the kids would scream over it. She described it, and me half listening, took in most of what she said. Well with Hubby out of town I can pretty much throw together what I want for supper, so last night this is what the kids had:


Introducing "Octopus & Seaweed"
Pretty simple, and my sister was right... they loved it!
I served up chicken wieners but regular ones would be fine. Cut eight legs, leaving about an inch for the head. Boil up the wieners in a pot, the legs will curl in the hot water. Take them out and set aside. Use the wiener water, drain out a bit, and boil up some "Mr. Noodle" soup or whatever brand you buy. Add the flavour packet, I had chicken, and a few drops of green food colouring, give it a good stir. I think that's the part I didn't really take in because my noodles don't seem very green, I should have added more food colouring. Drain the whole works, place noodles on a plate and set the "Octopus" on top. Decorate the face, I used mustard and a couple dabs of ketchup. My kids ate them right up, and they don't even like mustard! LOL

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kansas,
that looks so cool i'll have to make that for dinner on friday walker and shania will love it i bet. where do you guys come up with these great ideas.
Julie

Holly Schwendiman said...

It never ceases to amaze me how a little appearance things can move mountains with kids and food! Great job mom.

Hugs,
Holly

Anonymous said...

Adorable!! I'll have to tell Jen about this so she can make this for David and Rosa! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kansas....
I think that is so cool. I am sure Sydney and Jevan loved it.

Love Ya!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for Kyle to come so I can make it. Have you ever done the dinner in a pumpkin? I make it on Halloween and the kids love that one too.

Anonymous said...

Just so you know for next time and all your fans know, it's 5 drops of food colouring. I think it looks wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Oh, this was cute. I'm going to have to try this for Little Bean.