I ended up making six of them and gave the first one to Sydney. The problem I ran into was no seam allowance was listed and the first pouch was too small, after that I used a 1/4 inch seam allowance and they turned out much better. I used one inch spaces for the crayons and was able to fit in ten.
I also made a few more wallets but I used a different tutorial than the one I used before. These wallets are more long than wide with the flap at the top.
They are perfect for credit cards, drivers license, etc. Instead of snaps I used dots of Velcro, it is so much easier.
Today I'm knitting up a couple of hats on the Knifty Knitters, (thank goodness for chunky wool!) and baking bread. Tomorrow will be a baking day and Thursday is Sydney's Christmas concert... busy week!