Friday, May 2, 2008

Cultivating and Tilling

Busy, busy! It feels as if right now I don't have a spare minute in the day :)

We've expanded the garden and we're trying to get everything done before Hubby heads back to camp on Monday. Not only is the garden keeping us busy, but this weekend is our annual branding and I'm trying to get organized for that. Company is a'comin' and it's doubtful I'll get much done in the house, because just trying to get the outside work done is hard enough... okay I'm whining ;) But I see my Google Reader quickly climbing and I think I'm going through blog withdrawal! Thank goodness everything returns to "normal" on Tuesday (please, fingers crossed!). To all who have left comments thanks so much and, although I haven't replied much, I do appreciate them :)

Last weekend we bought a new PTO tiller for the tractor and today I shot a quick video. After removing the fences, Hubby cultivated and then tried out the new tiller for the first time. I was a bit shocked when he told me he was going to "double" the garden (we had sort of planned it last year) but I wasn't prepared to see the garden almost tripled! I don't plan on planting more veggies this year but really just using the room to space everything much, much farther apart.

Here's the clip:

8 comments:

Jackie said...

I so know what you mean about busy. But I think that you are busier that I am. I have had two days off work now beacuse the river flooded the basement and the power went off. Not to mention that my garden is under a foot or more of water.

Anonymous said...

Kansas...Jevan looks like he is in his glory( and you know where he is). Looks like a HUGE garden project too me and I can see you planting more. Your always busy whether it be the kids or Hubby or computer work. The term "women's work is never done" surely was written with you in mind....Pat

Anonymous said...

Wow! Now that's a huge garden!! Have fun ;) I will keep my fingers crossed that things return to normal for you on Tuesday. Didn't you mention recently you were "bored"??? How quickly things change ;)

Oma said...

Have fun at the Branding. Wish I was there.

Love Ya!

David T. Macknet said...

Oh, you'll just have to plant more - there's no such thing as allowing space in a garden. At least, there never was for us! We'd just end up planting more stuff, and still having to eel our way between the rows. :)

Anonymous said...

Jevan sure is having the ride of his life.ab

Anonymous said...

I love watching videos about your life on the ranch! Jevan looked adorable!! My grandson, David, would have been in heaven! =)

I giggle when I think of how gigantic your garden is and I have my 8 tiny Topsy Turvys! LOL! Have fun with the plantin' and brandin'!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you have a lot of work ahead of you. I hope to get a bit of gardening done this weekend.