Monday, May 26, 2008

Waiting and wishing

 

I've been away from my blog for a bit, just needed a break. I drove over to Kamloops to pick up Hubby on Wednesday, spent one night in the hotel, and came home on Thursday. Without getting into detail the bad news this time was coming home and finding our dog Blue beaten and shot. He's okay now but it was touch and go for awhile. We almost put him down on Friday morning but suddenly a wag of a tail, a bit to eat, and we knew he was going to be okay. A small bullet hole just below his neck still remains but a shot of penicillin will keep the infection away.

 
I really believe in the words "If something doesn't make sense it's usually not true." And in this case something about this story doesn't add up. No one is talking to me about what happened so I say I'm allowed to surmise anything. I'm just thankful that Hubby was able to catch a ride over to Kamloops with someone yesterday so I didn't have to leave the house today. Edit: I forgot to add Happy Birthday Blue! May 26th he turned 3, and I'm so happy he made it :)

14 comments:

tanita✿davis said...

Oh, Kansas, dear. You must be having what I call those 'Ten Foot Wall' days -- days I'd like to build a wall around me and mine that tall, and not let anybody else in...

I'm so sorry. Could someone have mistaken your dog for a wolf? (Already my mind says, "Not likely" and "how would that account for the beating?") Someone was drunk. I'm sorry. People... occasionally... are awful.

tanita✿davis said...

BTW - do something nice for yourself and enter that first pic into a photography contest. It's a CLASSIC kitty patience shot.

Jackie said...

Holy poo! I'm sorry to hear about the attack on your dog! I would tend to agree that if something seems wrong than there is a good chance that there is. I hope that he gets better soon.

David T. Macknet said...

Nobody's telling you anything about what happened? You mean, somebody knows what happened and doesn't want you going for a visit to whomever did it?

Anonymous said...

Oh jeez I am so sorry to hear about Blue. Glad he seems like he's going to be ok. You really have to wonder about people when they do horrible things like this. :(

Little Ol' Liz said...

Man,
People do suck. So sorry that Blue was on the learning end of this lesson, but I'm glad to hear he's doing ok. Do they have "Make My Day" laws in Canada? You know, where you can shoot the sumbuckets if you feel your life is in immanent danger? I'd think it extends to your four legged family too. Keep you eyes sharp and the Winchester at the ready!

NEO said...

That is terrible, sometimes I want to give up on people altogether.

Old She dragon said...

poor blue!
How horrible some people are!
If he was beaten and shot though it may have been someone who feared him and thought they were going to be attacked themselves.
People do some very illogical and cruel things when they are very afraid.

Karen Baking Soda said...

This is crazy, good to hear Blue is bouncing back! You're right it smells fishy, I'm on the same thought train as Davimack...

Think good thoughts, look at that first pic, it's a beauty!

Lizzardmoon said...

That's terrible! How could anyone do that to a dog?! I hope Blue gets all better very soon and this never happens again.

Anonymous said...

So sorry for what you have gone through. I dont take to dogs much but I did to Blue.I am so relieved blue is going to be ok. ab

Anonymous said...

Oh Kansas ~ I'm so glad that Blue is doing to be ok and I'm glad you were able to stay home and not have to run Johnny back to Kamloops - but I'm sure that was also kinda sad...not being able to be with him.

Happy Birthday, Blue! Glad you are still with us!! =)

Anonymous said...

PS - that cat and birdfeeder pic is AWESOME!!

Anonymous said...

That is horrible. I can't understand people and their crazy ways. What didn't make sense with our dog was someone walking into the yard and cutting her rope. They did it more than once, and people say, it must be chewed, but it is definitely cut and does not make sense at all. We even filed a police report. We then put her on a chain and moved her out of sight on the property and past the house. I hope Blue recovers well. It is horrible to see them suffer so.