Monday, March 2, 2009

Seton Lake

Many memories surround Seton Lake. My Gramma owned a store there back in the '50's, many high school grad parties have been celebrated there, and most likely my first swimming lesson was there. Seton Lake is a central part of Lillooet and will continue to be for years to come. In these pictures the water looks blue but it's not, it's very green and you'll see that in one picture farther down.



The mountains surrounding the lake mesmerize a person. The lake has a very sharp drop off at the shoreline and you don't get very far before you see it.



As a kid I canoed past the first point on the left quite a ways down to a cabin.



The lake runs into a canal with a very strong current and as kids we were warned to stay away from that area. I remember my Gramma telling me she swam across the canal once and how strong the current was. In this picture it's located at the bottom right.




When Sydney and I first got there, and before it got too dark, we saw the railway taxi that runs up to Seton Portage. You can really see the true green of the water in this picture.



Turning around you can feel the mountains that surround you. I left the truck in this picture to show how high up we are.



And then it was time to head off. Sydney showing off her pink hat that Mackenzie gave her at the baby shower.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kansas

Gorgeous pictures..You really are a pro!!!!Pat(I didn't see the boat rampLOL)

KansasA said...

LOL I'm actually up too high to get much of the boat ramp in the picture but yes I remember that day ;)

Anonymous said...

That must be the Bud car on the tracks. Thanks for the photos. They are amazing... ab.

KansasA said...

We don't have anymore Bud cars AB, it's the shuttle that runs up to Seton Portage and back to Lillooet.

Jackie said...

WOW! What a beautiful place to live!

Sorka said...

Oooh ok. We will bring the canoe with us when we come to camp in your backyard once the weather gets warm.. but.. do you get nice internet there? Brian has to work you know! hehehe
Denise

David T. Macknet said...

Awesome pictures - and a gloriously clear day! Looks a bit chilly, though!

Oma said...

Beautiful memories for me on the Lake. :) The pictures are mesmerizing and fantastic shots Kansas.

Love Ya!

Jennifer said...

Wow, what gorgeous pictures! What a beautiful place to live!

Moonshadow said...

Greetings! Beautiful photography! I popped over from your comment in another blog. I'm actually IN Kansas. Is there a story behind you being named Kansas? I have family in BC (3rd and 4th cousins) but I've lost track of them. :(