Thursday, May 7, 2009

Bleeding Hearts

Today I had my assistant Sydney help me and we shot some of the bleeding hearts in the flower garden.  Yeah she grumbled and whined a bit but what are kids for?  I think it was the "move over there, no closer, okay back up, oh for heaven's sake!" you know the drill :)

Anyway we ended up having fun, other than me getting a bit wet, and here's our results.



















My new camera arrived yesterday and I took a few test shots around the yard.  If you'd like to see the test shots you can visit my Flickr site by clicking here.  I do put up a bit higher resolution photos at Flickr so you'll see the one's I post at the blog there too but larger.  I've also bought a professional printer and I'm considering selling prints.  I can print up to 13"x19" and was wondering if anyone would be interested in that sort of thing?  There are so many pictures online that I'd really like comments on whether you think it would be worth it or not... opinions?  PS  My Mom isn't allowed to answer ;)

8 comments:

Moonshadow said...

Beautiful flower shots. You have so many things in bloom, looks like spring is in full swing up there. You have white lilacs? Do they smell the same as the purple lilacs?

tanita✿davis said...

I suggest that you work with a commercial aspect in mind and contact someone who specializes in prints, like Shutterfly, instead of selling them on Etsy or something like that. These are stock photo quality.

David T. Macknet said...

Beautiful stuff!

KansasA said...

Moonshadow: The white lilacs smell exactly the same as the purple ones. I have really dark purple as well as very pink lilacs too. No flowers yet tho'.

Tanita: I was more thinking friends, people in town, etc., but stock photos would be another option I guess :)

David: Thanks!

Nicole said...

wow...your shots are beautiful. I wish it would start blooming here so I could take some flower shots :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shots. ab

Anonymous said...

Awesome shots, what kind of camera did you use?

KansasA said...

Right now I'm using a Canon EOS T1i. It's pretty new to me I just got it last Wednesday :)