Friday, May 1, 2009

Hummers in the House

Yes they are starting to fly about in the house. Some I have to help find the way out and others just fly in, around, and out again. This one stuck around long enough for me to change the lens on my camera, not an easy feat with one hand! Maybe he/she was here last year and knows the routine? lol


Dally came out today and when she was here I caught this one in the house and gave it to her to hold, it's a bit bigger than the one in the picture above.


Well you've all probably seen enough hummingbird pictures so I'll slow down for a bit. It's our annual branding this weekend and I have to get busy making potato salad and other stuff for supper tomorrow. Have a great weekend all! I'll leave you with a few more pics before I head off :)








And one last shot of our drive home from the teacher/student meetings last Wednesday. Looking towards Lillooet near 14 Mile on Highway 12.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

kansas,

It just amazes me how these little birds land on your hand....They are so delicate..Happy branding...Pat

Anonymous said...

Great photos and Dally too..ab

Anonymous said...

All the photos of the humming birds are stunning and should be in a book...but they are completely eclipsed by Lexy and her new tooth!!!!
Tracey (Northernlass1)

Karen Baking Soda said...

Your pics are stunning!

Anonymous said...

Nice picture of Dallas. What a beautiful smile.

David T. Macknet said...

What an awesome series! I can't believe the little guy sat there, so still!

t said...

A really lovely clarity on these; the hummingbird feeder at one point looked like a halo, which was a kind of weird effect.