Thursday, October 26, 2006

Lucy, saying goodbye

"A dog is the only thing on this Earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -Anonymous


Lucy at the river, August 26, 2006

It's with a very sad heart that I say goodbye to a special friend today. Our Blue Heeler Lucy was tragically killed this morning. She didn't start out as our dog, she was actually my BIL's, but the last few years she started staying with us more and more. She was an extremely faithful dog, especially to me, and every night as I would sit with her and say goodnight, she'd joyfully rub her head into me, probably more happy the other four dogs had gone to bed and there was no one to interrupt us. She had just turned 12 and her hearing was pretty much gone, except when I would hand her a homemade doggie biscuit and say "sit" she'd maneuver, not so gracefully, and plop herself down...I'll miss her dearly. I know you're in a better place Luce, say hi to Dad for me, he's probably got a bone for you :) and I'll see you when I get there.


Schmokie, Yeller, and Lucy. Picture taken on August 31, 2002
All three have gone to the big doghouse in the sky.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a sad, sad day. Lucy, we are going to miss your sweet, quiet disposition. It was a pleasure to have known you.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dog. I know how pets become your family. I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better but words can never help with things like this. Time is the only help and all the good memories.

Take care and just know that your dog was a happy, healthy, and loved by you which is the best thing you could give any animal.

Dora Renee' Wilkerson

rowena___. said...

i am so sorry for your loss. :( she sounds like a wonderful friend, i know you will miss her so much. may good memories give you comfort in these hard days.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kansas, I am so so sorry. She is a beautiful dog, and I know well how loving heelers can be (I think of them as 'healers'.) I'm sure she is patiently waiting for yet another pat on the head, and watching you with love.