Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Busy with Aprons!

 

After the mini bells (see previous post) I had to come up with something else for my Christmas baskets...so after thinking "what do I have?" and "what can I do?" I decided on aprons! I dug through my patterns and came up with one I hadn't tried before. It was really quick and easy, I did one the first night as a test, then 3 the next day, two more yesterday, and finally the last one today, for a total of 7! I'm keeping one for myself because the material was pretty thin but the rest turned out great. Most of the material I've had forever but two of them were made with material my Aunty Bub gave me. That would be the "off the wall Bugs Bunny" and the yellow psychedelic far out 70's one, (see bottom picture) really the camera isn't lying :) My sister loves the funky look so she's getting the psychedelic one (but shhhh, don't tell her).In the second picture you can see the back of the aprons are quite open and I thought that would be great in a hot kitchen. I love the two big pockets in the front, great for holding everything when your hands are full, instead of a button I put a snap at the neck, and of course I modified the pattern a bit. I am just so darn impressed with this pattern and can't for the life of me figure out why I didn't do it sooner. I had actually bought the pattern for a different apron that was much more difficult but I'm glad I saved it. If you'd like to try it the brand is Kwik Sew pattern 2191 and the apron I did was "A."
The third picture is all of them laid out on the table and you can also see our new kitten, Billy. (That's another story and I'm not a cat person but I have to say Billy is growing on me) LOL



No comments: