Sunday, November 12, 2006

Garter Stitch Hat

Here's another hat I finished and will be donating to the school. The garter stitch is knit one row, purl the next. I was going to use Denise's closing but ran out of wool, so I made an i-cord and sewed it to the top. Because the wool is so thick it had a huge hole in the top where the gather is so the i-cord is sewed into the hole. I think the wool is Lion Brand Thick & Quick, the labels were gone and there wasn't much left to the two balls, but combined they made up a nice hat :) The brim is folded up, and I'm amazed at the "no curl" style of it, you can wear it down too and it still looks good. I would have taken a picture but this testy 3 year old is barely sitting still for this one.



1 comment:

Sorka said...

Woo hooo! Looks good! I know all about testy three year old models.. that's why I snatched up Hattie at a garage sale!
Denise
knitchat.com