Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Rainbow

I sometimes wonder how us parents bite our tongues and control laughter when our kids say stuff? Last night, as Jevan and I were leaving to pick up Sydney at the school, Jumbo, one of my chihuahuas, is trying to jump in the truck. I don't usually take any of the dogs with us when I'm heading into town because it's too hot in the summertime to dare leave them in the truck, even for a few minutes. Anyway Jumbo is desperately trying to get in and I tell him "Down Jumbo you have to stay home." He whines a bit and mopes back to the house, and I feel guilty leaving him behind.

I say to Jevan "Darn Jumbo, I wish he wouldn't do that."

My six year old replies so seriously "Yeah Mama, those dogs are really pissing me off."

After the initial shock, he gets a stern talking to, but you wonder where the heck he picks this stuff up and make a mental note to watch my own language :)

As we are heading down the driveway all is forgotten a few minutes later when Jevan hollers "Hey Mama there's a rainbow!" I quickly grabbed my camera and caught this:

Rainbow on the Ranch


We could see the whole rainbow but there was no way I could get back far enough to take a picture of it all... and that really p*ssed me off! (I'm kidding, I'm kidding!) lol

5 comments:

Moonshadow said...

Fabulous photo! and GREAT post!! It certainly all came together for this one.

Nicole said...

ha ha ha...cute !!!
the pic is beautiful...but i understand that it was p#@$%@#$ you off !!!

Jackie said...

Nicole always gets me when she say "what the..." or "well, duh!"

Kids these days ;-)

Bottom Feeder said...

Great shot...sigh...

David T. Macknet said...

Beautiful shot!

Now - you need a good, wide-angle lens, so you don't have to stand back so far!