Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Hay Halloween, not a typo.

Instead of heading into town to trick or treat we lit a fire and ate hotdogs, roasted marshmallows, and drank hot chocolate here on the Ranch.  My Mom and Robert were here and I think Mom had more fun sitting around the campfire than anyone!  Here she is with a load of marshmallows over the fire, good stuff. Smile

Roasting Marshmallows

Jevan as the Toy Story Alien.  Why does it always look like Jevan struggles to smile??

Toy Story Alien

Sydney as Ms. Dracula.  Ooooo Sydney you look scary!

Ms. Dracula

Dallas was in Vancouver for the weekend and didn’t get my message about stopping and picking up fireworks but we did manage to find one in the back seat of Hubby’s truck.

Last week Grandma and Pops were at the auction for the calves and Hubby and I fed the cows.  I sat in the centre of the round feeder and took a few pictures of the girls eating.

Hubby loading up the hay.

Tossin' heavy bales!

Munch, munch, munch

The girls certainly aren’t shy when it comes to food, it didn’t bother them one bit that I was there.

Mmm, mmm, mmm

I’ve created a Facebook Photography page on Facebook and if you’d like to join please click the icon on the right side of my blog, Facebook will open and then click “Like” while there.  I find I’m putting pictures up at Facebook and Flickr before I get to my blog so if you’d like to see them earlier please join me at Facebook. :)

For lots more pictures of the above post visit my flickr site:
Kansas A 















Flickr

***************************

4 comments:

tanita✿davis said...

This is like a picture book of Fall on the Farm... (despite the fact that it's really autumn on the ranch. But, whatever.)

I'll tell you - my brother just got senior portraits, and though his teeth have all grown in, he has a couple of Jevan-esque smiles going on. Some people simply cannot smile for a picture - their faces can't figure it out.

Meanwhile, D. can't frown on command. I think it's hilarious.

tanita✿davis said...

Also: tell your Mom -- she's TORCHING those things. That is NOT roasting! (But aren't they the best burnt?)

Brenda, Domedweller said...

Roasting marshmallows over a campfire is always a good idea! Wish I had been there!

BTW - I love the motion pic of your husband loading hay.

Anonymous said...

Happy Halloween until next year...ab