Thursday, July 25, 2013

Blogger, Google Doc, Images

I was going through some older posts and noticed most of my photos/images are gone.  I guess when Google Docs did something it broke the link, yet when I go to Google Docs all the photos are there.  It would be a huge job to get all the photos back so I’m going to skip that unless I really need to show something.  It’s frustrating because I used Google Docs for quite awhile before switching over to Windows Live Writer, and now I hear they are doing away with that too.  I’ve googled the heck out of this and can’t really find much info about it, gosh you would think more than me would have this problem??  I was hoping for a quick fix but no luck, hopefully I find something.

3 comments:

David T. Macknet said...

Blogger is Google. Google gives you things and then takes them away.

If you've lost your images, I'd say to migrate to another platform, since the pain of that is something you'd go through when migrating. May as well.

If I could get out of Flickr as easily, I would, except that there are literally tens of thousands of links to change, if we do.

KansasA said...

David that's a great idea. Do you have any recommendations? Is Wordpress any better? I've been out of the loop and don't even know where to start.

David T. Macknet said...

Yep - WordPress is better by far. It takes a bit of getting used to, but it's what we use for two of our blogs. Of course, ours are hosted by our ISP, and there's still one blog on blogger (it's a group blog).

Give it a shot. There's a migration tool, as well, which makes it easier. :)