Monday, December 18, 2006

One week left: Toques & Slippers


Six more Christmas gifts done! Woohoo I'm on a roll! I may keep a pair of slippers for myself...it's cold here and my toes are screaming for warmth, brrrr :)

The blue/brown toque is for my nephew, little Douglas, and the other two are for his brother Cody. One pair of slippers is a gift for Julia, my BIL's girlfriend, and the other pair are going to my SIL Bobbie-Jo. I haven't decided just who's getting the last pair of slippers and like I say I may just keep them as a Christmas gift for myself LOL. The slippers were made with Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick and Meilynne's pattern from Yarngear. It takes me about an hour and a half to knit one pair (that's with NO interruptions and that doesn't happen often!) so it's great when you're down to the wire... The cuffs on the blue and green slippers are K1P1 for five rows, do
not bring up cuff, just fold over when done. The blue pair has 10 rows for the ankle, other than that the pattern is pretty much Meilynne's. The foot is 29 rows on all of them.

The toques are a bunch of different stitches but my favourite is the blue/brown with the earflaps. I have used this pattern a number of times and you can see it by clicking here. I didn't do the roll-up brim but you'll get the idea and you can attach earflaps or a scarf like I did here.

Merry Christmas everyone!!

2 comments:

linda: off the loom said...

Kansas, I do love these hats with the earflaps. I definitely have to try these when I get a chance. Your blog makeover looks fantastic. I love the little comment chick.
Merry Christmas to you and yours! My little 12 days of Christmas mystery continues. . .

Mei Travis said...

Hope you had a Merry Christmas. The slippers look fantastic! Love the earflap hat too. I'm jealous of all the snow you get. Have a Happy New Year!