Thursday, January 29, 2009

Free Desktop Wallpaper

I was playing around with my camera and snapped a photo of a crystal that hangs above my deck. I resized it and it looks pretty cool as my desktop wallpaper. If you'd like a copy in large format for your own desktop click here.
My Mom was telling me that she couldn't see the tiny egg in yesterday's post. Her resolution is lower on her computer than mine and the right side of the pictures on my blog posts were cut off. Is anyone else having this problem? I resized the egg pictures but was wondering how many can see the full Ford symbol on Pop's truck grill in this post? She couldn't see it at all. I'm not sure of the "standard" resolution that people use, but I gather I have mine quite small, no wonder I think I need glasses! LOL I checked some stats and it seems most people are at 1280x1024, I then checked mine and it's at 1680x1050, quite a difference! I think I'll resize my pics to 640x480 and see if it makes a difference.

2 comments:

Oma said...

I have the crystal on my desk top and it looks great. I love your latest pic of the Hippy Girl!! She is pretty cute. :)

Love Ya!

David T. Macknet said...

That's one of the problems, isn't it, of doing web stuff rather than other media: you're at the mercy of whatever the user has their screen resolution set at!

The most common ones we see from our blogs are 1024x768 and 1280x1024. Those two cover more than half of our visitors (from the writing blog) and more than 75% (for the baking blog).